Speaking of Elsewhere and Other Things

Some things to look at:

*An excellent discussion of China Mieville and economics over at Crooked Timber. Start here with Henry Farrell, then move to here with John Holbo. I look forward to their take on Iron Council, which I have just begun reading and am enjoying much more than I did The Scar.

*Speaking of John Holbo, the weblog he maintains with his wife, Belle, called John & Belle Have a Blog, is always good and often excellent.

*I recently saw a new biography of Borges at a bookstore and somehow managed to keep myself from buying it (the $35 price helped). Here's a review from The Boston Globe. (via Rake's Progress)

*Speaking of things to buy, the great live album The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads is finally being released on CD, with some extra tracks. (Maybe I'll buy a copy for Jeremy...)

*Fantastic Metropolis has an interview with and a story by L. Timmel Duchamp. I have read neither yet, but will soon.

*Speaking of things I haven't read but will soon, Katherine Cramer has posted a PDF of a September 11 special supplement to the New York Review of Science Fiction.

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders